By far my Favorite is Tippy’s . Be sure to visit Pine Apple Fields and the hotel wonder dog “Zena”.The Following was taken from Discover-Eleuthera-Bahamas.com . Please visit this site.
My wife and I live on this island. We checked out all Eleuthera restaurants below. And here is our recommendation…Make your choice of restaurants by looking for your area first, i.e…
1. Gregory Town in the North
2. Hatchet Bay a.k.a. Alice Town
3. Governor’s Harbour/Palmetto Point in Central Eleuthera or…
4. Tarpum Bay & Rock Sound in the South.
All Eleuthera restaurants are listed under one of the four above headings.
Call before you go. All calls on the island are free from any land line phone.
================= Sidebar =================
Favorite Eleuthera Restaurant
Where was your tastiest meal?
Where did you have the most fun?
=============== End of Sidebar ===============
Eleuthera Restaurants in and near
- The Cove Eleuthera Restaurant & Bar
Phone: 335-5142. 1.5 miles north; Hotel with 30 rooms. European chef. The nicest Eleuthera restaurants according to our taste. Excellent service which is rare.
- Link to: The Laughing Lizard Cafe. Open: Monday to Saturday, 11 am to 4 pm. Located 0.8 miles north of Gregory Town on the main road. The inside looks like a living room. Sun deck. Large road sign. Every wrap is made with the freshest meat and/or vegetables. Mrs. Petagay Hartman, the owner, really knows how to cook delicious meals.
- Cambridge Restaurant & Lounge
Phone: 335-5080. In Gregory Town; simple restaurant serving breakfast, lunch & dinner. Take a look at their menu on: http://www.cambridgevillas.com/menu.htm
- Ida’s Take Away
Phone: disconnected (!). Ice cream parlour and simple restaurant in Gregory Twon, serving breakfast, lunch & dinner.
- Link to: Elvina’s Bar & Restaurant. In Gregory Town, where surfers and locals meet. Jam sessions on Tuesday and Friday nights… It’s Karaoke and open mike nights.
- Surfers Beach Manor, Restaurant & Bar
Phone: 335-5300; 2 miles south of Gregory serving breakfast, lunch and dinner. Try grouper in mushroom sauce but don’t be in a hurry… This Eleuthera restaurant also has nice accommodation for surfers.
- Cush’s Place
Phone: 335-5301. About half a mile south of Gregory Town; simple restaurant & bar; low prices. Call before you go.
Hatchet Bay a.k.a. Alice Town
- Front Porch Delights, Bar & Grill
Phone: 335-0727. Lovely Eleuthera restaurant & boutique with driftwood bar on deck, overlooking Hatchet Bay. Awe-inspiring sunsets. Best seafood. Chefs Francis Plakarise and his wife Gina know how to use herbs. Different menu every day. Open every day from 8 a.m. till… Easy to find because directly on the bay side of the main road.
- Water’s Edge Internet Cafe
Phone: 335-0679; cell: 470-1667. Of all Eleuthera restaurants this one is special… It has a familial atmosphere, computer access and a small store selling electronic parts. The cafe is in a pink building with a nice terrace right on the water. Serving large Angus steak burgers at a reasonable price. Open 11am-ish to 7pm-ish. From the main road drive into Hatchet Bay and watch out for the restaurant sign on the left.
Eleuthera Restaurants in and near
Governor’s Harbour & Palmetto Point
- Rainbow Inn’s Seaside Bar & Restaurant
Phone 335-0294. Near Rainbow Bay. Octagonal building on main road. 8 miles south of Gregory Town or 9 miles north of Governor’s Harbour airport or 16 miles north of Governor’s Harbour settlement. Serving lunch & dinner. Specializing in steaks including black Angus. Live entertainment. Happy Hour from 5:30 to 6:30. Run by a Canadian family. Sundays closed.
- DJ’s Take-A-Way – 2 miles north of James Cistern
Phone: 335-6566. Simple but nice little restaurant serving Bahamian food and sandwiches. Watch out for the large road sign Big Rock General Store. The restaurant is just next to it. Call before you go.
- Lee’s Cafe in James Cistern
Phone: 335-6444. On the main road near the dock and near a tiny pink building by the old Esso pump. The BEST fried chicken and baked snapper with rice and beans. Also take-away; open 7 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- Kel-d’s Bar & Grill
Phone: 335-6061. In James Cistern. Simple bar where locals meet. A large fish is painted on the wall. 6.5 miles north of Governor’s Harbour airport, in James Cistern across from the pier. Food is reasonably priced. Call before you go.
- Link to: Cocodimama. One mile south of Governor’s Harbour airport, on a gorgeous Caribbean sandy beach. Italian hotel/restaurant & bar; very tastefully decorated. Pleasant atmosphere; large deck overlooking the beach. Well stocked bar. Was closed for over a year. Re-opened in late Feb. 09.
- Link to: Comfortable Eleuthera restaurant “Bistro”
Phone: 332-3422. Part of Sky Beach Club Resort. On the main road 4.8 miles (7.7 km) south of GHB airport or 3 miles (5 km) north of Governor’s Harbour settlement. Infinity pool, restaurant & bar are next to a spectacular pink sand beach. Food is excellent, service very friendly and prices OK. Sit in the pool while eating at the bar!
Serving Breakfast 8-10:30; Lunch 12-5; Dinner 5-10.
- Link to: Pina Cafe & Deli. In Governor’s, up the road from yellow Pyfrom’s Liquor store. Well designed Cafe, in Tuscany colors, nicely decorated. Good food, also take-away. Pre-order breakfast, sandwiches or ice cream by phone.
- Buccaneer Club Restaurant
Phone: 332-2000. Serving breakfast, lunch & dinner seven days a week. Located in Governor’s, across from Pina Cafe and Deli (above). Large veranda under a big old tree. Nice atmosphere & friendly service.
- Link to: Cigatoo Resort
Phone: 332-3060. Very tastefully decorated. Beautiful garden. Only breakfast is served. At the top of the hill in Governor’s turn right. Cigatoo is a Quality Inn Hotel.
- The Beach House Tapas Bar & Lounge
Phone: 332-3387. Finally – Dec. 08 – a good and pleasant place for food and drinks on the south part of Club Med Beach! Wonderful view of the beach from the deck, friendly service and tapas (snacks) that we didn’t find anywhere else on Eleuthera. Open all day, 24/7.
- Waide’s Outback, Rotisserie & Grill
Phone: 332-3803. 11 a.m. to 10 p.m., Monday to Saturday. Located in the center of Governor’s Harbour, opposite Burrow’s grocery store. Watch out for the large Waide’s sign on the main road. We like this typical Eleuthera restaurant’s food. Waide, the owner is known for his freshest conch salad. Different menu every day. Ideal for a take-away lunch when you go grocery shopping. They also do catering for special events. Ask whether their wireless Internet is available.
- My Place
Phone: 332-3477. Simple bar in Governor’s Harbour next to Burrows grocery store. Bahamian dishes, lunch & dinner. Take-away, too.
- Four Friends Restaurant
Phone: 332-3488. An Eleuthera restaurant in Governor’s Harbour up the road from Burrows One-Stop-Shop; Bahamian dishes, breakfast, lunch, dinner. Take-away, too. You are allowed to bring your own wine, beer and liquor. This medium sized restaurant is on the first floor.
- The Blue Room
Phone: 332-2736. A simple Eleuthera restaurant in the center of Governor’s Harbour, painted blue. Ask for it to find it. Serving Bahamian food, lunch & dinner. Open Mo. to Sat., 8 a.m. to 9 p.m.
- Sunset Inn
Phone: 332-2487. 1/2 mile south of Governor’s on the Caribbean waterfront; where locals and foreigners meet. Good local cuisine. Look up your e-mail for 5$ on their laptop at the bar. The owner’s wife is cooking breakfast, lunch and dinner. Sunken bar with TV. Closed on Thursdays.
- Link to: Tippy’s, Atlantic Beach Restaurant & Bar. Situated between Club Med beach and North Palmetto Point. THE in-place, serving lunch & dinner. Live music on weekends. Take a swim before you eat. Shower for salt rinsing on the pink-sand beach. Tippy’s is fairly expensive. Reservations recommended.
- Captain Jack’s Bar & Grill (closed Jan. 2010)
Phone: 332-3755. Located on the Atlantic side, between Tippy’s and North Palmetto Point. 2.2 miles south of Tippy’s. After passing Green Thumb Nursery on the right, you’ll see the restaurant sign to the left. Large restaurant serving lunch & dinner. Fascinating bar tower outside. From the top of it, you’ll enjoy a stunning view of the Atlantic. Very colorful place. Bring your swimming gear. There’s an outside shower for salt rinsing.
- Link to: The Country Cafe. 5 miles south of Governor’s Harbour, in North Palmetto Point. Opening hours: Mondays to Thursdays 11-9; FR & SA: 11-10; Sundays: 3-9. Small but very nice and clean pizza restaurant with Ice Cream Parlor and lots of candies. Air conditioning. TV. On the left of the road from South Palmetto to North Palmetto.
- Mate & Jenny’s Pizza Take-Away
Phone: 332-1504. 5 miles south of Governor’s Harbour, in South Palmetto Point. Everyone knows it. Call before you go.
- Dolcevita at RunAway Bay Marina
This restaurant definitely closed on May 1, 2010. The couple now run a restaurant in Nassau.
- Unique Village, Hotel, Restaurant & Bar
Phone: 332-1830. 6 miles south of Governor’s in North Palmetto Point. Terrace overlooking the Atlantic. The only hotel on the Atlantic side of Central Eleuthera.
Eleuthera Restaurants in Tarpum Bay
- Papa George’s Pizza & Internet Cafe
Phone: 334-4076. Simple spot, dine in or take out. Call one hour ahead to order your pizza. Extra cost for home deliveries, $ 2 per 5 miles.
- Barbie’s Snack & Notions
Phone: 334-4028. Small place, native style, ribs and a decent pizza. Open 9 a.m. to 9 p.m., serving lunch & dinner. Also take-away.
- Rock Sound Club
Phone: 334-2700. Located between Tarpum Bay and Rock Sound. Coming from Tarpum Bay, watch out for the sign to the left, about half-way of the distance between the two settlements. Interesting old but renovated Club – by the road side – serving breakfast, lunch & dinner. Stop for a drink and chat with Robert Chappell, the elderly and very interesting American owner.
Eleuthera Restaurants in and near Rock Sound
- Link to: Four Points Marina Village, Waterfront Restaurant. About 200 yards south of the shopping center “THE MARKET PLACE”. Buffet on Sundays from noon to 3 p.m.. Nice atmosphere if there are no busloads of tourists from the cruise ship, stopping over at Princess Cay in South Eleuthera. Call before you go.
- Link to: Northside Inn Restaurant & Bar. On the Atlantic side of Rock Sound. Simple spot serving lunch & dinner. Very good food, reasonably priced. At the end of Fish Street turn left. Rosy, the owner, is a really pleasant person to talk to.
- Link to: Sammy’s Restaurant & Bar. In Rock Sound, Albury’s Lane, near Catholic Church St. Ann’s. Open all year daily from 8 a.m. to 10 p.m. Serving breakfast, lunch & dinner.
- Link to: Sharil’s Restaurant in Deep Creek, South Eleuthera. 15 miles south-west of Rock Sound. Open from mid-day to 10p.m. Call before you go and ask what is available. They are known for the best cracked conch and grouper fingers. Steaks are great, too. While waiting for your food, have a drink at the nearby liquor store up the road.
- Barracuda’s Beach Bar & Grill
Phone: 334-8500. Part of Cape Eleuthera Resort on the northern most tip of South Eleuthera. Situated directly on an artificial sand beach with a great view of the resort and the shallow, turquoise sea.
- Bahama Coffee Co.
Phone: 334-8500. A modern coffee shop, also part of Cape Eleuthera Resort; see above. But it’s in one of the new condo buildings along the modern marina.
Looking for the ultimate Bahamas vacation experience? Contact us today to book now or get more information.